The Authority for Special Administrative Region of Oé-Cusse (RAEOA) is an innovative governmental policy incubator.
The Special Zones for Social Market Economy (ZEESM TL) is a national development programme.
The President of the Authority for Special Administrative Region of Oé-Cusse (RAEOA) and Special Zones for Social Market Economy (ZEESM TL) of Timor-Leste is H.E. Dr. Mari Alkatiri.
RAEOA has seven Secretariats:
- Regional Secretary of Finance, Leonia da Costa Monteiro
- Regional Secretary of Education, Arsenio Bano
- Regional Secretary of Territorial Planning, Pedro de Sousa Xavier
- Regional Secretary of Administration, Francisco Xavier Marques
- Regional Secretary for Agriculture & Rural Development, Regio da Cruz Salu
- Regional Secretary of Health, Lusia Taeki
- Regional Secretary of Community Tourism, Inácia da Conceição Teixeira
In 1975, in the Timorese Constitution, areas in Timor-Leste that were neglected by central government were specifically listed as priorities for development. Oé-Cusse was one of those areas.