VACANCY NOTICE – INTERNATIONAL PROCUREMENT OFFICER (Open to all Qualified International Candidates)
Submission Deadline Extension
2359H, 29 july 2018
Duty Station: Oé-Cusse Ambeno, Timor-Leste
Number of Vacancies: One (1)
Application Deadline: 29 july 2018, 2359H Timor-Leste time
Type of Contract: Fixed-Term Contract
Post Level: International Consultant
Languages Required: English
Duration of Initial Contract: One (1) year
Expected Duration of Assignment: With possible extension depending on performance and fund availability
Expected Starting Date: 20 August 2018
This position will be based in the Procurement and Logistics Unit (under the RAEOA-ZEESM TL Regional Finance Secretariat) at the RAEOA-ZEESM TL Office in Oebau, Pante Macassar, Oé-Cusse Ambeno, Timor-Leste.
The RAEOA-ZEESM TL (Região Administrativa Especial de Oé-Cusse Ambeno e Zonas Especiais de Economia de Social de Mercado – República Democrática de Timor-Leste) is a government institution created and established under the Decree-Law No. 03/2014 of 18 June of the Democratic Republic of Timor-Leste specifically to grow a sustainable, self-sustaining, relevant special areas of social market economy focused on both human development and national growth and in so doing create the tools, investments and policies needed to replicate its achievements across Timor-Leste.
Procurement is one of the key factors involved in the realization of RAEOA-ZEESM TL’s projects. The project involves high-value procurement of various goods, services and works which include complex infrastructure, aviation and marine civil-works and consultancy services. In this regard, RAEOA-ZEESM TL is inviting qualified candidates to fill the post of International Procurement Officer.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES
Works independently on all or a combination of the following transactions and/or clearly defined areas, depending on the assignment/instructions from supervisors (International Staff and/or Senior National Staff):
Procurement of Goods, Services and Works
- Contributes to the effective, economical and efficient procurement of goods and services based on the users’ requirements by preparing comprehensive pre-qualifications and bid documents as well as work performance statements in accordance with established procurement procedures and National Laws.
- Organizes pre-bid meetings in coordination with user-sections, meetings of the Evaluation Committee and discussions for specific procurement issues.
- Reviews the technical specifications prepared by the users, conduct initial review of technical requirements and facilitate the evaluation of the technical, financial, commercial and legal aspects of bids received, participate in negotiations with such suppliers and contractors on the terms and conditions of offers/proposals as well as evaluating requests for contract amendments on procurement perspective.
- Ensures accurate procurement planning and evaluation by coordinating with concerned user sections, establishing priorities, lead-times and delivery dates, developing and expanding database and reference materials, developing/revising guidelines, procedures and forms for the refinement of the procurement process for both goods and services.
- Establish Long-Term Agreements for regularly used supplies and services.
Database System Maintenance
- Contributes to the effective and efficient maintenance of information/data by properly classifying and maintaining all on-going, completed and in-process goods and service contracts including performance and cost records, list of current and prospective contractors/suppliers, original copies of all service contracts and relevant documents.
- Regularly monitors information maintained and periodically generating statistical reports as well as securing the confidentiality of information such as archives, documents and memoranda related to on-going procurement exercises. Provides similar database system maintenance function with respect to the procurement of goods.
Contract Monitoring and Administration
- Contributes to effective contract monitoring and administration by assisting relevant staff in the monitoring and checking the compliance of all contractual requirements as well as providing clarifications on contract provisions and mediation to Requesting Units in resolving claims/queries made by suppliers and contractors.
- Coordinates with the Evaluation Committee on the conduct of due diligence and vetting process to determine the (i) legal identity; (ii) financial soundness; and (iii) technical capability, based on the established criteria, as part of the pre- or post-qualification process.
- Ensures the Contractor’s compliance with all contractual provisions.
- Monitors fulfillment by the Contractors of all undertakings under the contract, including submission of the applicable liability insurance policies, performance guarantee, and other relevant contractual documents and notifications before commencing performance under the contract.
- Acts as the formal contact point between RAEOA-ZEESM TL and the Contractors from contract award until the goods and services are accepted or completed and closeout.
- Provides advice and general support to the Requesting Units, as necessary, for the efficient administration of the contracts and processing of amendments.
- Ensures facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing focusing on organization of trainings for the operations/projects staff on Procurement, synthesis of lessons learned and best practices in Procurement and sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice;
- Presents regular reports on procurement as required;
- Performs other relevant duties as required.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Completion of at least a first level university degree is required (e.g. Business Administration, Procurement, Public Administration, Law or Engineering courses). Candidates with Engineering background is an advantage.
- A minimum of five years of relevant experience in the procurement of various goods, services and works including three years working in international organizations or government institutions. Experience in the procurement of construction, aviation and marine related services is an advantage.
- Proficiency in current office software applications.
- English, Portuguese, and Tetum are the working languages of RAEOA-ZEESM TL. For the advertised post, fluency in oral and written English is essential. Working knowledge of the Portuguese language is an advantage.
- Procurement accreditation by recognized learning institute and good understanding of National Procurement laws and international trade laws and treaties will be an advantage.
Values / Guiding Principles
- Commitment to the organization and its mission/vision;
- Cultural sensitivity and valuing diversity;
- Developing People / Coaching and mentoring
- Building and managing relationships; and,
- Performance Management
- Fostering Innovation and Empowerment
Building and Managing Relationships
- Working in Teams
- Communication Information and ideas
- Self-Management / Emotional Intelligence
- Conflict Management, Negotiating and Resolving Disagreements
- Business acumen – applies the results of analysis and sound business judgement to make timely decisions by analyzing the environment, and identifying issues, opportunities, and risk factors. Actively keeps up-to-date with best business practices and provides quality control over projections.
- Implementing Management Systems – leads implementation of corporate management systems and designs appropriate systems and applications in support of RAEOA-ZEESM TL’s operations by researching best practices, refining and enhancing existing systems and identifying and recommending remedial measures to address problems.
- Client Orientation – contributes to positive outcomes for the client, anticipating and addressing his/her needs and concerns. Uses discretion and flexibility in interpreting rules to meet client needs and seeks feedback on service provision. Creates an enabling environment for a smooth relationship between client and service provider.
Evaluation of qualified candidates shall include an assessment exercise which will be followed by an interview.
Interested Applicants may submit the following required application documents by email to email@example.com on or before 2359H, 29 July 2018.
- Motivation Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- List of Character Reference (at least 3 with their names, position title, company, contact number and email address)
- University/College Diploma
- Training Certificates and Professional Licenses (if any)
Please ensure that your email body including the attachments does not exceed 20mb. If attachments exceed the limit you may submit by batches.
Notice: There is no application, processing or other fees at any stage of the application process. Women are encouraged to apply.