VACANCY NOTICE – PROCUREMENT OFFICER (Open to Timorese Nationals Only)
Submission Deadline Extension
2359H, 29 july 2018
Duty Station: Oé-Cusse Ambeno, Timor-Leste
Number of Vacancies: Two (2)
Application Deadline: 29 July 2018, 2359H Timor-Leste time
Type of Contract: Fixed-Term Contract
Post Level: General Service
Languages Required: English
Duration of Initial Contract: One (1) year
Expected Duration of Assignment: With possible extension depending on performance and fund availability
Expected Starting Date: 13 August 2018
This position will be based in the Procurement and Logistics Unit (under the RAEOA-ZEESM TL Regional Finance Secretariat) at the RAEOA-ZEESM TL Office in Oebau, Pante Macassar, Oé-Cusse Ambeno, Timor-Leste.
The RAEOA-ZEESM TL (Região Administrativa Especial de Oé-Cusse Ambeno e Zonas Especiais de Economia de Social de Mercado – República Democrática de Timor-Leste) is a government institution created and established under the Decree-Law No. 03/2014 of 18 June of the Democratic Republic of Timor-Leste specifically to grow a sustainable, self-sustaining, relevant special areas of social market economy focused on both human development and national growth and in so doing create the tools, investments and policies needed to replicate its achievements across Timor-Leste.
One of the key factors involved in RAEOA-ZEESM TL’s project is Procurement. The project involves high-value procurement of various goods, services and works. In this regard, RAEOA-ZEESM TL is inviting qualified candidates to fill the post of Procurement Officer.
The Procurement Officer shall ensure execution of transparent, policy and procedure compliant, and efficient procurement services and processes. The Procurement Officer promotes a client-focused, quality and results- oriented approach.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES
- Review, record and prioritize procurement requests, ensuring all supporting documentation is received and funding is available in order to enable the procurement of works, goods and services;
- Assist the Regional Secretariats/Directorates staff in preparing the Terms of Reference, Technical Specifications and evaluation criteria for the works, goods, and services to be procured;
- Organizes procurement processes including preparation and conduct of RFQs, ITBs or RFPs, receipt of quotations, bids or proposals, participation in bid opening ceremonies, facilitation of bid evaluation, coordination of Evaluation Committee meetings, preparation of minutes/protocols thereof, and negotiation of certain conditions of contracts
- Ensure procurement process is conducted in full compliance with RAEOA-ZEESM TL Procurement Rules and Regulations and the RDTL Decree-Laws;
- Provide assistance in the establishment of Long Term Agreements (LTA) and other contractual instruments for different procurement categories;
- Review of protests and appeals from procurement perspective;
- Review of procurement processes conducted by the Regional Secretariats upon request;
- Presents regular reports on procurement as required;
- Maintains relevant databases and records (e.g. roster of suppliers), implementation of supplier selection and facilitation of supplier evaluation;
- Active role and contribution towards implementation of the internal control system for contract monitoring and management;
- Ensures facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing focusing on organization of trainings for the operations/projects staff on Procurement, synthesis of lessons learned and best practices in Procurement and sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice;
- Other tasks that may be assigned by the supervisor.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Completion of at least a first level university degree is required (e.g. Business Administration, Procurement, Public Administration, Law or Engineering courses)
- Three years of relevant experience in the procurement of various goods, services and works including two years working (full-time) in international organizations and/or national government institutions. Experience in the procurement of construction, aviation and marine related services is an advantage.
- Proficiency in current office software applications.
- English, Portuguese, and Tetum are the working languages of RAEOA-ZEESM TL. For the advertised post, fluency in oral and written English is essential. Working knowledge of the Portuguese language is an advantage.
- Procurement accreditation by recognized learning institute and good understanding of National Procurement laws and international trade laws and treaties will be an advantage.
Values / Guiding Principles
- Commitment to the organization and its mission/vision;
- Cultural sensitivity and valuing diversity;
- Developing People / Coaching and mentoring
- Building and managing relationships; and,
- Performance Management
- Fostering Innovation and Empowerment
Building and Managing Relationships
- Working in Teams
- Communication Information and ideas
- Self-Management / Emotional Intelligence
- Conflict Management, Negotiating and Resolving Disagreements
- Business acumen – applies the results of analysis and sound business judgement to make timely decisions by analyzing the environment, and identifying issues, opportunities, and risk factors. Actively keeps up-to-date with best business practices and provides quality control over projections.
- Implementing Management Systems – leads implementation of corporate management systems and designs appropriate systems and applications in support of RAEOA-ZEESM TL’s operations by researching best practices, refining and enhancing existing systems and identifying and recommending remedial measures to address problems.
- Client Orientation – contributes to positive outcomes for the client, anticipating and addressing his/her needs and concerns. Uses discretion and flexibility in interpreting rules to meet client needs and seeks feedback on service provision. Creates an enabling environment for a smooth relationship between client and service provider.
Evaluation of qualified candidates shall include an assessment exercise which will be followed by a competency-based interview.
Interested Applicants may submit the following required application documents by email to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 2359H, 29July 2018.
- Motivation Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- List of Character Reference (at least 3 with their names, position title, company, contact number and email address)
- University/College Diploma
- Training Certificates and Professional Licenses (if any)
- Birth Certificate
- National Identification Card (BI & Electoral)
- Police Clearance
Please ensure that your email body including the attachments does not exceed 20mb. If attachments exceed the limit you may submit by batches.
Notice: There is no application, processing or other fees at any stage of the application process. Women are encouraged to apply.